Wednesday, February 6, 2008

the old apartment

Been feeling a little nostalgic for my old apartment. It was on the second floor of an old farmhouse, with most of the out-buildings still standing, so naturally there were lots of photo opportunities. The house itself was located in a "quaint" little town called Berryville (see the church on the left at the very top of the page? My place was directly across the street. The town had 2 stop lights and a population of about 3000, but there were at least 10 churches. From my apartment I could see ... or hear... no less than 4 of them.)

I've also been needing to get working on photos again... so I indulged my nostalgia and took care of the artsy needs at the same time. These here photos are the result. All are were taken in, around, or near my apartment in Virginia... enjoy!

Press play:




The knocker on the front door of the downstairs apartment. Yup, it says Warner! Thought this would look good as an album cover...

Sunlight coming in through the kitchen window...

Lots of old junk in the barn out back, including this cabinet.

And this chair...

Various photogenic cats who resided with us at one time or another... Mr. Paddington "Cat" Paws, Linus, and Warner.




The hallway. With the hideous carpet.



One of my best friends and my former roomie. I think she hates this photo and I'm sure she'll kill me if she ever sees it...



Player piano, also in the barn.


The bulb and the pot were hanging out on the shed from the day I moved in until the day I moved out. And call me a dork, but I hope they're still there.


I had big plans, but I never did get around to painting the shutters...

Holy crap, I loved when the weather finally got warm enough to open the windows. I'd open both in my room and still between them and read... That's one of the things I miss the most.

Along Route 7 on the way to Leesburg.



One snowy night... if you take 30 paces straight through the middle of the photo, you get to Subway. Was I a lucky girl or what?

No comments: