Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sucky Things Suck.

Is it me or are there more completely sucky things these days? They’re everywhere! I feel like I’m being bombarded with more crappy movies than ever. Okay... so its not like I actually see them when they come out, most of these I saw as reruns on weekend TV. These can’t even be placed in that category where the movie is so utterly craptastic it becomes completely awesome again. (i.e. Lying in Wait. Well, it does star the spectacular Rutger Hauer, so… you know.) Here's just a few things that have been getting on my nerves lately...

Movies:

War of the Worlds – Oh Stephen Spielberg… This makes me sad. Probably the hands down worst alien invaders movie I’ve ever seen (uh.. not that I've seen a lot. I think the only other one I've seen was Independence Day). My favorite part of the whole movie watching experience was when my mom and I gave up trying to enjoy it and just started pointing out the oxymorons and plot-holes.

The Number 23 – Just… wha? I really am speechless about the whole thing.

Bulletproof Monk – Oh come on! What the hell is she wearing at the end?! She’s walking around a busy park/common area wearing some hideous red leather matrix style thingy-- and not one person does a double take!

The Sweetest Thing – I dunno. I'd heard some several people that this was pretty good. They were right, assuming "pretty good" is code for "the crappiest romantic comedy you will see in a looooong time." But eh, I've come to accept almost anything with Cameron Diaz is guaranteed crap.

Songs:

Through Glass by Stone Sour – this song has been getting on my nerves for about 2 years now. The lyrics are just heinous…. It's like some pathetic angsty teenager tried to write some super deep poem that was so filled with clichés and similes, it didn’t make sense anymore. And then there’s the video… it’s been described as “clever.” Uh… sure... if you have a half a pea brain in your little pea head and need the “message” smooshed in your face every 2 seconds.

Thnks fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy – First of all, all the vowels from the title were so embarrassed to be associated with such crap, they ran off. And… parts of the song remind me of when N’Sync guest starred on the Simpsons and the kids formed The Party Posse

Books:

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger -- okay so I know this book was a huge hit, and they’re even making a movie of it… but I must be missing something. I thought it was terribly predictable and while I’m usually okay with things that involve time travel and am willing to occasionally overlook some inconsistencies and problems with logic/physics (I am in no way an expert) I was just completely bothered by some pretty major issues that she glossed over with some incredibly lame excuses.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – another one that’s gotten a buttload of attention… and I’m just not sure why. Possibly the most predictable book I’ve ever read. Not one single word surprised me.


Oh the other hand:

things that give me hope that there is still goodness in the world:
Waitress -- starring Keri Russell
Atonement (the book) – by Ian McEwan
some things on deviantART
My new shoes

And finally, enjoy this little picture for the upcoming "holiday."

1 comment:

said...

I had never, Ever, EVER heard of Stone Sour until just now... and I wish I could go back in time.