Sunday, April 11, 2010

My printer and I are finally friends!

I feel like this is a completely silly thing to blog about, but I'm just so excited! After two and a half years I think my printer and I are finally on the same page. There was much rejoicing last night, continuing this morning when I took a good look at my prints from yesterday/last night in natural light. Aside from a small handful, they all looked perfect!

What? you ask, don't all your prints always look perfect?

Well, no. I've been having constant problems getting the colors just right. For the longest time I was using photoshop to color correct the crap out of all my photos: brightening like crazy, adding so much cyan it looked like my printer had an algae problem. And if I was lucky, the end result would be passable, but still not quite what I wanted.

I don't want to reveal where my stupidity lay, because people who have more experience printing will think I'm a fool for what I was doing, and some of you will think me a fool for what I'm doing now (or not doing, as the case may be). But as I've always thought, it doesn't matter what sort of equipment you're using, it's what you do with it that matters. And if the end result is what you envisioned, well who can argue with that?

Anyway, this is one photo that I printed for the first time, and I'm so excited with how well it printed. Really soft, with muted colors. I love it.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

No comments: