Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Things that make me happy: part 3: Movies... and TV, too

I have a bunch of favorite movies, well, actually probably not as many as most people. I guess I can be sort of picky as to what I will call a "favorite." But if I had a gun to my head and and someone asking me to pick a favorite, I still would have some trouble. But I can at least narrow it down.






Definitely one of those “feel good” movies. Cute, clever, and sometimes funny, and a love story to boot. You can’t help but see a little of yourself in Amelie... or another character. But hey, it’s no girly movie. Okay, admittedly I don’t know THAT many people who have seen it (let alone guys), but 100% of the guys I DO know who have seen it like it as much as the girls. So there.




Ever read a book, see a movie, or hear a song that you just weren’t sure you’d like… until you got to that one paragraph, that one scene, that one line that just absolutely did it for you? That’s how I felt about American Beauty when I saw this scene. As depressing as this movie is… I still can’t help but feel happy at the end.




So call me a typical girl, or a sap. Whatever. I love this Pride and Prejudice. And, for you other girly saps (or you Austin freaks), yes I've seen the Colin Firth version, and yes, I like that, too, I mean, COLIN FIRTH! But I adore this particular version. Probably because it's not 8 hours long.





I saw Juno today. It was way good. I mean, I had tears streaming down my face at one point. And I don't even completely get the attraction to reproduction and babies. Here are some cute elderly people and their opinion of the movie.




I don't watch much TV anymore, I don't know why, since my attention span seems to be getting shorter, and TV is perfect for that. So there are only a few shows I enjoy. One is LOST, but I wouldn't say it makes me HAPPY. More... frustrated maybe? At the very least it's entertaining. and I do love it. But other than that...



How can you not love Scrubs? People have their comfort foods, their blankies... I have a comfort TV show. I bought season 1 on DVD just because I was going to be alone one weekend and needed something to entertain myself. Best purchase ever. I would watch it whenever I was down. It was the only thing I could fall asleep to. It made me happy. And still does. And so do all the other seasons. Now it's what I run to. Or try to run to.



Wonderfalls was one of those shows that unfortunately didn't make it for more than a few episodes. Fortunately there was still a HUGE fan base, and while the rest of the season never aired, it did end up on DVD. One Christmas, on a whim (I'd never seen an episode), I requested it... and got it! One of the best "eh, why not" moments of my life. I will periodically watch all 13 episodes. It makes me happy. Until I remember I don't know what happens after the last episode, and never will. *sad sigh*

No comments: